How to find us:
From the A66 take the B5292 (Braithwaite) which climbs Whinlatter Forest Park, passing Whinlatter Visitor Centre on your right, continue on the B5292 for 1.5 miles an take the fork left signed Hopebeck, bearing right at the next fork for Lorton.
Take the next fork left and Swinside End Farm is immediately on your left.
If you are in doubt contact Karen on 01900 85134 who will guide you.
Information on Local Attractions:
We are ideally located for visiting the Lake District as your base for:
~ Hill walking ~ Cycling~ Shopping ~ Sightseeing~ Relaxing ~
We are very fortunate to be surrounded by natures finest, from daffodils that inspired poets to the abundance of wildlife that can be found including Ospreys, Barn and Tawny owls, woodpeckers, finches, red squirrels, red deer, roe deer all can be seen either from our garden or within a few minutes of our farm.
We are only 25 minutes away from the market town of Keswick or Cockermouth, both which have an abundance of shops and restaurants to discover.
We have posted links to some of the popular attractions and activities that surround us and added an approximate travelling time from our farm for your convenience:
Theatre by the Lake
- Famous lakeside theatre (20mins)
Keswick Launch Company
- Boat trips on Derwentwater. Also rowing boat hire. (20mins)
- World of Animals near Bassenthwaite (20mins)
- The home of the modern pencil. Includes the World's largest pencil! (15mins)
- Amazing collection of historical Keswick artifacts (25 mins)
- Historic House & Gardens (25 mins)
- Log on to see updates of the Bassenthwaite Ospreys
- For information on Coast to Coast cycling
Honister Slate Mine
- Fascinating mine tours and slate splitting (30 mins)
Whinlatter Forest Park
- Mountain biking trails, Go Ape, Osprey project and Red Squirrels!(10mins)
The Puzzling Place
- Optical illusions and mind bending puzzles (20 mins)
Keswick Golf Club
- Stunning mountain golf course in Threlkeld (30 mins)
- Sailing lessons on Derwentwater (30 mins)
- Bikes for Hire in Keswick (20 mins)
Keswick Climbing Wall
- Excellent indoor Climbing facilities (20 mins)
Rather Be Cycling
- Guided mountain or road bike rides from Keswick (20 mins)
Information & Tours
The Lake District Tourism & Conservation Partnership
- Promotes sustainable tourism by raising much needed funds for vital conservation projects in the Lake District
- Offer specialised hiking trips where we take away the headache of making those difficult and time consuming arrangements
Lake District Tours
- Guided minibus tours around the Lake District
- A programme of walks in Northern Lakeland escorted by experienced leaders